Monday, May 25, 2009

Google Notebook Replacement

I was gutted to find out Google Notebook is being retired. I've used Google Notebook for everything from house hunting to technology research. I liked quickly saving something for later consumption, or was often happens, coming across something when you are looking for something else together. I know what I mean :)

After doing a very brief look-see at alternatives, I've decided to try out Evernote, mostly because it is available for web, desktop and my phone, but also because it recently won the Tech Crunch award for best mobile startup, as well as the open web awards.

Installation was dead easy - watch this space as I report back on importing my Google Notebook data and how it feels from usability and usefulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment